ICT Support Technician Apprenticeship
Company Name: PVC Building Supplies
Sector: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Application Deadline Date: 04/03/2024
Positions Available: 1
Location: SO30 2FX
Salary: Between £18,000.00 and £20,000.00 per year
Start Date: 04/03/2024
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Are you a 'tech savy' individual with the desire to build a successful career within the IT industry? Here at Remit, we are proud to announce that we are recruiting on behalf of our client based in the Southampton SO30 area who are on the look out to employ an ICT Support Technician apprentice. Apply Today!
Our client are a rapidly growing independent family-owned merchant supporting the construction industry through the supply of a wide range of uPVC and copper plumbing products. As a result of recent growth and ambitious future growth plans PVC are looking to recruit an IT Support Administrator as part of an apprenticeship programme.
Salary - £18000 to £20000 per annum
Working Hours - Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Location - Southampton SO30
Qualifcation - Level 3 Information Communications Technician
• Work with PVC external IT support provider, raising and monitor all support tickets to ensure SLA are adhered to.
• Management of M365 products.
• Setting up of new / fresh windows installs on laptops for new business users.
• Setting up of mobile phones for new business users (iOS and Android). o Installation of email and required business apps.
• Supporting internal IT users to resolve IT problems. Escalating to external IT support provider as necessary.
• Provide basic training as necessary to enable IT users to operate efficiently.
• Management of and be main point of contact for mobile phone contracts.
• Management of and be main point of contact for communication providers.
• Administration of company IP phone system.
• Documenting IT processes.
• Aid in the deployment and development of the business ERP solution.
• Support Phase II and Phase III rollouts.
• Development of control desks per user requests.
• Basic network hardware configuration.
• Changing patch panels.
• Management of the IT estate, updating HR records with equipment issued to users and ensuring equipment is recovered from leavers.
• As knowledge of the business develops provide vision for software platform development
• Promote the opportunities and benefits of new IT capabilities
• An interest and enthusiasm for all things IT, software and hardware.
• Studying for a recognised apprenticeship supported through a recognised provider.
• A good communicator.
• Knowledge of MS Office Products.
• Employee discount
• Industry recognized qualification on completion of apprenticeship