Scania Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company Name: TruckEast Scania - Crick
Application Deadline Date: 01/03/2024
Positions Available: 1
Location: Crick, NN6 7SL
Salary: Between £15,600.00 and £19,760.00 per year
Start Date: 03/06/2024
Working Week: Monday - Friday
This apprenticeship is the Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician standard programme with TruckEast in Crick, NN6 7SL. The right candidate will work alongside Scania’s qualified Technicians to receive extensive training in maintaining HGVs.
You do not need any previous experience. This proven apprenticeship has been designed with you in mind.
As a key member of the family from day one, you will be trained by inhouse professionals and work alongside existing skilled technicians.
Throughout this three-year apprenticeship, you will grow into an experienced technician, becoming an expert on a wide range of Heavy Vehicles and associated products.
You will have an enthusiasm for learning new skills, an interest in repairing and maintaining vehicles and the dedication to grow within a well-established business. We are committed to providing you with the knowledge you require.
Have a look at what Joe from Scania GB has to say:
Meet Joe – Technician apprentice of the year award winner (2023):
Joe started at Scania in 2020, with no previous experience. He is now a fully qualified HGV technician and has just won the ‘Apprentice of the Year’ award.
“From the start, I was made to feel part of the family, Scania paid for all the apprentices throughout the country to go on a team bonding week, completing fun challenges, building teamwork, and learning leadership skills.
When I heard about the ‘apprentice of the year’ award my goal was always to win it. I have learnt so much throughout my 3 years in the workshop, from the course and from all the experienced technicians around me.
I have two new goals now… to help our next apprentice win apprentice of the year and to develop my own skills further by entering the ‘IMI’ awards.
I would highly recommend an apprenticeship with Scania, to anyone interested in becoming an HGV technician”.
If you are interested in becoming an HGV technician, please apply today.
• No previous automotive qualifications are required
• You will ideally have GCSE 9-4 (A* - C) or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths, we will support you to help develop your knowledge further if required
• Predicted GCSE grades are acceptable - please note the apprenticeship offer is subject to final GCSE results
You will have an enthusiasm for learning new skills, an interest in repairing and maintaining vehicles and the dedication to grow within a well-established business. Scania are committed to providing you with the knowledge you require.
• Practically minded
• Logical approach to problem-solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
TruckEast invests considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout their global organisation.
Great benefits package including:
• 30 days holiday per year including bank holidays
• Optional private healthcare
• Enhanced employer pension contributions
• Tablet provided to support learning
• Opportunity to complete Duke of Edinburgh Gold award
• Fully funded training course
• Internationally recognised qualification
• Team building events
• Mentor and manager support throughout
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive enough applications.
Start dates can be tailored to suit school leavers.