Volvo Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship
Company Name: Volvo Truck & Bus North & Scotland - Blyth
Application Deadline Date: 31/03/2024
Positions Available: 1
Location: Blyth, NE24 4RT
Salary: £344.00 per week
Start Date: 01/07/2024
Working Week: 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
This apprenticeship is the level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician standard programme with Volvo Truck & Bus in Blyth, NE24 4RT. As an apprentice, you will learn how to inspect, maintain and repair Volvo commercial vehicles to the manufacturers and DVSA standard.
Recruiting now for summer 2024!!!
Remit are proud to be partnered with Volvo Trucks to deliver their HGV Technician apprenticeships. Volvo Trucks has always recognised the value that apprenticeships can bring to the business and each year, they have more than 300 young men and women go through their apprentice scheme and go on to progress further within the company.
A Volvo trained apprentice will become a top class asset to their business for years to come.
This year, Volvo launched their ‘Women in HGV’ initiative to bust the myth that the automotive sector is just for men and have seen great results in welcoming more women into the business.
Start dates are from May to August 2024
What you’ll be learning.
A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over such as HGV's and buses.
• Servicing – carrying out inspections.
• Maintenance – general and preventative maintenance.
• Repairing – repairing/replacing parts.
• Diagnostics – diagnosing faults in the onboard systems.
You will gain a full understanding of the importance of 6-week checks, Operators (O) licence’s and legal obligations and as a technician apprentice, you will receive training to the manufacturer and DVSAs standard.
In this programme, all aspects of heavy vehicle technology are embedded in this dedicated programme and involves a mix of academic learning and on-the-job training.
• Practical learning in the workplace, shadowing your mentor and carrying out the work while being supervised.
• Online studies, completing workbooks and job cards, attending online sessions and virtual classes with your Development Coach, all done during your working day.
• Attending block release to the Volvo Training Academy in Derby, DE21 7BH every 2 months. All costs of your hotel food and accommodation plus all travel arrangements are covered by Volvo Trucks.
What are the benefits?
• Full-time employment from day one.
• Competitive salary.
• Holiday pay.
• Residential training with expert support and guidance.
• Internationally recognised accreditation.
• Fully paid for training course, including all qualification fees and accommodation.
• Team building and special events
What you’ll achieve.
On successfully completing the Volvo Apprentice Programme, you will gain national qualifications recognised throughout the automotive industry:
• Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician level 3 (ST0068\AP02)
In addition, Volvo holds an event where you and your family will be invited to a special graduation day to receive your certificates and possibly a special merit award at the end of your apprenticeship.
No previous automotive qualifications are required however you must have GCSE 9-4 (A*- C) or functional skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
Predicted grades are acceptable, although apprenticeship offers will be dependent on final exam results.
• Punctuality and good time keeping
• Workplace maturity and professionalism
• Proactive attitude
• Can work to a high standard
• A logical approach to problem-solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
• Good practical skills
Volvo Trucks provide all their apprentices with the skills needed to become fully qualified and competent individuals with a secure vocation at Volvo. A Volvo trained apprentice will become a top class asset to their business for years to come. Volvo will do everything they can to help you achieve your goals.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications.