Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company Name: Glyn Hopkin (MG Watford)
Application Deadline Date: 28/02/2024
Positions Available: 1
Location: Watford, WD17 2JJ
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Start Date: 11/03/2024
Working Week: Mondays to Fridays
Remit is recruiting on behalf of Glyn Hopkin for a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to start your career within the automotive industry. If you are interested, apply now!
As an Apprentice, you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customer’s vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance
• Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
• Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
• Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work
• Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Minimum requirements are a 4/C grade or equivalent in English Language and Maths.
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Mechanical interest
• Personal responsibility and resilience
• Problem solving
No skills are required as we will provide all the training needed for the role, just bring your enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
Glyn Hopkin provide all their apprentices with the skills needed to become fully qualified and competent individuals with a secure vocation. As a trained apprentice you will become a top class asset to their business for years to come. Glyn Hopkin will do everything they can to help you achieve your goals.
Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive enough applications