Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company Name: The Garage (Sheffield)
Application Deadline Date: 26/02/2024
Positions Available: 2
Location: Sheffield, S2 4BS
Salary: £17,680.00 per year
Start Date: 11/03/2024
Working Week: Mon to Fri 8.30am to 5pm
Remit is recruiting on behalf of The Garage Car Sales (Sheffield) for two Light Vehicle Technician Apprentices. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to start your career within the automotive industry. If you are interested, apply now!
As an Apprentice, you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customers’ vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical, and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers' vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing, or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Rate of Pay - £8.50 per hour
Minimum requirements are a 4/C grade or equivalent in English Language and Maths. (Essential).
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Mechanical interest
• Personal responsibility and resilience
• Problem solving
No skills are required as we will provide all the training needed for the role, just bring your enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
On successful completion of your Level 3 apprenticeship along with functional skills in Maths and English, you will be a fully qualified Light Vehicle Technician with the skills to continue your career in the industry.
Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive enough applications