IVECO Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprentice - June Start
Company Name: Acorn Trucks Ltd (Waltham Cross)
Application Deadline Date: 01/04/2024
Positions Available: 1
Location: Waltham Cross, EN8 7PG
Salary: Between £260.00 and £300.00
Start Date: 03/06/2024
Working Week: 40 hrs. 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
Remit are currently recruiting on behalf of Acorn Trucks Ltd who are currently looking for a Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join their existing IVECO team
As an apprentice for Heavy Vehicle Technician, you will learn to inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
You will learn how to carry out:
• Servicing – carrying out checks
• Maintenance – replacing/repairing engine parts
• Repairs / Diagnostics– repair or replace anything which is damaged or is faulty
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems, and testing
• You will be trained on how to: Service, Maintain and Repair trucks
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
• You will learn how to fill in job cards, work logs and service sheets
• You will learn to identify the different models/types of trucks and the associated characteristics of Heavy Vehicles, their configurations, and applications.
• You will always be working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor learning how to carry out, checks and repairs according to industry procedures in a safe and responsible manner.
Over 18 £7.50 45 hour a week and for under 18 £6.50 40 hours a week
• No previous automotive qualifications are required
• If you have achieved a level 2 or level 3 in a similar field, you may not be eligible for this apprenticeship
• Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9 - 3 (A* - C) in English and Maths
• Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
• Ability to work within a team
• A keen interest and passion for heavy vehicle technology
As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
Acorn Trucks believe in providing an extensive, high-quality Apprenticeship which gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfill their ambitions for a career in the motor industry.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications