Volvo Trucks Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Technician Apprenticeship
Company Name: Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd (Deeside)
Application Deadline Date: 29/03/2024
Positions Available: 2
Location: Deeside, CH5 2NR
Salary: £311.60 per week
Start Date: 05/08/2024
Working Week: 8am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
This apprenticeship is the level 2 Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair programme with Thomas Hardie Commercials in Deeside, CH5 2NR. As an apprentice, you will learn how to maintain and repair large commercial vehicles to the manufacturers and DSVA standard.
Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd is the main distributor for Volvo Trucks and Volvo Bus and Coach throughout the North West of England, North Wales, and Lancashire.
Thomas Hardie are recruiting now for an August start. Don't delay, apply today!
There is a lot involved in keeping HGVs on the road, so you will gain a full understanding of the importance of 6-week checks, Operators (O) licence’s and legal obligations and as a Technician apprentice, you will receive training to the manufacturer and DVSAs standard
What you’ll be learning.
The role of a HGV Technician is to carry out fault diagnosis, service and repairs to HGV’s and buses. During the course and amongst other duties you will learn how to carry out:
• Servicing – carrying out checks
• Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
• Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
In this programme, all aspects of heavy vehicle technology are embedded in this dedicated programme and involves a mix of academic learning and on-the-job training.
• Practical learning in the workplace, shadowing your mentor and carrying out the work while being supervised.
• Online studies, completing workbooks and job cards, attending online sessions and virtual classes with your Development Coach, all done during your working day.
• Attending block release to the Volvo Training Academy in Derby, DE21 7BH every 2 months. All costs of your hotel food and accommodation plus all travel arrangements are covered by Thomas Hardie Commercials.
What are the benefits?
• Full-time employment from day one.
• Competitive salary as you progress.
• Holiday pay.
• Residential training with expert support and guidance.
• Internationally recognised accreditation.
• Fully paid for training course, including all qualification fees and accommodation.
What you’ll achieve.
On successfully completing the Volvo Apprentice Programme, you will gain national qualifications recognised throughout the automotive industry:
• Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Technician Level 2
• Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if required)
No previous automotive qualifications are required however you must have good knowledge in English and Maths.
We will support you with Functional Skills level 2 in required
• Punctuality and good time keeping
• Workplace maturity and professionalism
• Proactive attitude
• Can work to a high standard
You will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles such as trucks and, buses. Being a Heavy Vehicle technician requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina.
• A logical approach to problem-solving.
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills.
On successful completion of the level 2 apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to progress onto level 3.
The total duration of both level 2 and level 3 apprenticeships is 3 years.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications