Volvo Trucks Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship
Company Name: Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd (Middlewich)
Application Deadline Date: 29/03/2024
Positions Available: 2
Location: Middlewich, CW10 0QF
Salary: £311.60 per week
Start Date: 05/08/2024
Working Week: 8am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
This apprenticeship is the level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician standard programme with Thomas Hardie Commercials in Middlewich, CW10 0QF. As an HGV Technician apprentice, you will learn how to maintain and repair Volvo trucks and buses to the manufacturers and DSVA standard.
Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd is the main distributor for Volvo Trucks and Volvo Bus and Coach throughout the North West of England, North Wales, and Lancashire.
Thomas Hardie are recruiting now for an August start. Don't delay, apply today!
There is a lot involved in keeping HGVs on the road, so you will gain a full understanding of the importance of 6-week checks, Operators (O) licence’s and legal obligations and as an HGV Technician apprentice, you will receive training to the manufacturer and DVSAs standard.
What you’ll be learning.
The role of a HGV Technician is to carry out fault diagnosis, service and repairs to HGV’s and buses. During the course and amongst other duties you will learn how to carry out:
• Servicing – carrying out inspections.
• Maintenance – general and preventative maintenance.
• Repairing – repairing/replacing parts.
• Diagnostics – diagnosing faults in the onboard systems.
In this programme, all aspects of heavy vehicle technology are embedded in this dedicated programme and involves a mix of academic learning and on-the-job training.
• Practical learning in the workplace, shadowing your mentor and carrying out the work while being supervised.
• Online studies, completing workbooks and job cards, attending online sessions and virtual classes with your Development Coach, all done during your working day.
• Attending block release to the Volvo Training Academy in Derby, DE21 7BH every 2 months. All costs of your hotel food and accommodation plus all travel arrangements are covered by Thomas Hardie Commercials.
What are the benefits?
• Full-time employment from day one.
• Competitive salary as you progress.
• Holiday pay.
• Residential training with expert support and guidance.
• Internationally recognised accreditation.
• Fully paid for training course, including all qualification fees and accommodation.
What you’ll achieve.
On successfully completing the Volvo Apprentice Programme, you will gain national qualifications recognised throughout the automotive industry:
• Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3
• No previous automotive qualifications are needed as the level 3 apprenticeship incorporates level 1 and 2.
• You must have GCSE 9-4 (A* - C) or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths and we will support you to help develop your knowledge further.
• Predicated/MOCK grades are acceptable at application stage, however all job offers will be conditional pending exam results.
• Punctuality and good timekeeping.
• Enthusiastic and motivated.
• Workplace maturity and professionalism.
• Proactive attitude.
• Attention to detail and high standards of work.
You will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles such as trucks and, buses. Being a Heavy Vehicle technician requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina.
• A logical approach to problem-solving.
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills.
Thomas Hardie provide all their apprentices with the skills needed to become fully qualified and competent individuals with a secure vocation. A Volvo trained apprentice will become a top class asset to their business for years to come. Volvo will do everything they can to help you achieve your goals.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications