Volvo Trucks Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship
Company Name: Crossroads Truck & Bus Ltd (South Elmsall)
Application Deadline Date: 24/03/2024
Positions Available: 1
Location: South Elmsall, WF9 2XR
Salary: £256.00 per week
Start Date: 02/09/2024
Working Week: 40 hours, 8am - 4pm, Monday - Friday (working week may vary slightly)
This apprenticeship is the level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician standard programme with Crossroads Truck & Bus in South Elmsall, WF9 2XR. As an HGV Technician apprentice, you will learn how to maintain and repair Volvo trucks and buses to the manufacturers and DSVA standard.
Do you want a job with prospects, training, opportunity, and competitive pay that reflect the effort that you put in? Then there is only one choice - Crossroads Truck & Bus.
Crossroads Truck & Bus Ltd is the Volvo Truck and Bus specialists across Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. We provide a total transport solution for the industry, from new trucks to used trucks, and parts and servicing for trucks, buses and trailers.
We are looking for enthusiastic, driven, motivated individuals with a “can do” attitude and a strong desire to succeed. Your commitment is essential as this is not a short-term Programme, it is a long-term career, and therefore you must have a genuine interest in the automotive industry.
Crossroads are recruiting now for a September start. Don't delay, apply today!
There is a lot involved in keeping HGVs on the road, so you will gain a full understanding of the importance of 6-week checks, Operators (O) licence’s and legal obligations and as an HGV Technician apprentice, you will receive training to the manufacturer and DVSAs standard.
What you’ll be learning.
The role of a HGV Technician is to carry out fault diagnosis, service and repairs to HGV’s and buses. During the course and amongst other duties you will learn how to carry out:
• Servicing – carrying out inspections.
• Maintenance – general and preventative maintenance.
• Repairing – repairing/replacing parts.
• Diagnostics – diagnosing faults in the onboard systems.
In this programme, all aspects of heavy vehicle technology are embedded in this dedicated programme and involves a mix of academic learning and on-the-job training.
• Practical learning in the workplace, shadowing your mentor and carrying out the work while being supervised.
• Online studies, completing workbooks and job cards, attending online sessions and virtual classes with your Development Coach, all done during your working day.
• Attending block release to the Volvo Training Academy in Derby, DE21 7BH every 2 months. All costs of your hotel food and accommodation plus all travel arrangements are covered by Crossroads Truck & Bus.
What are the benefits?
• Full-time employment from day one.
• Competitive salary as you progress.
• Holiday pay.
• Contributory pension scheme.
• Comprehensive health care cash plan.
• Access to company promoted saving platform.
• Tool allowance scheme (after 6 months of employment).
• Residential training with expert support and guidance.
• Internationally recognised accreditation.
• Fully paid for training course, including all qualification fees and accommodation.
What you’ll achieve.
On successfully completing the Volvo Apprentice Programme, you will gain national qualifications recognised throughout the automotive industry:
• Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3
• No previous automotive qualifications are needed as the level 3 apprenticeship incorporates level 1 and 2.
• You must have GCSE 9-4 (A* - C) or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths and we will support you to help develop your knowledge further.
• Predicated/MOCK grades are acceptable at application stage, however all job offers will be conditional pending exam results.
• Punctuality and good timekeeping.
• Enthusiastic and motivated.
• Workplace maturity and professionalism.
• Proactive attitude.
• Attention to detail and high standards of work.
You will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles such as trucks and, buses. Being a Heavy Vehicle technician requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina.
• A logical approach to problem-solving.
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills.
Crossroads provide all their apprentices with the skills needed to become fully qualified and competent individuals with a secure vocation. A Volvo trained apprentice will become a top class asset to their business for years to come. Volvo will do everything they can to help you achieve your goals.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications