Volvo Trucks Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship
Company Name: Volvo Truck & Bus Wales & West - HO Avonmouth
Application Deadline Date: 03/03/2024
Positions Available: 2
Location: Bristol, BS10 7GD
Salary: £256.00 per week
Start Date: 10/06/2024
Working Week: Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm
This apprenticeship is the level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician standard programme with WW Truck & Bus (Volvo) in Bristol, BS10 7GD. As an apprentice, you will learn how to maintain and repair large commercial vehicles to the manufacturers and DSVA standard.
Recruiting now for summer 2024!!!
Remit are proud to be partnered with WW Truck & Bus (Volvo) to deliver their HGV Technician apprenticeships. WW Truck & Bus (Volvo) has always recognised the value that apprenticeships can bring to the business and each year, they have more than 300 young men and women go through their apprentice scheme and go on to progress further within the company.
A Volvo trained apprentice will become a top class asset to their business for years to come.
This year, Volvo launched their ‘Women in HGV’ initiative to bust the myth that the automotive sector is just for men and have seen great results in welcoming more women into the business.
Start dates are from May to August 2024
What you’ll be learning.
A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over such as HGV's and buses.
• Servicing – carrying out inspections.
• Maintenance – general and preventative maintenance.
• Repairing – repairing/replacing parts.
• Diagnostics – diagnosing faults in the onboard systems.
You will gain a full understanding of the importance of 6-week checks, Operators (O) licence’s and legal obligations and as a technician apprentice, you will receive training to the manufacturer and DVSAs standard.
In this programme, all aspects of heavy vehicle technology are embedded in this dedicated programme and involves a mix of academic learning and on-the-job training.
• Practical learning in the workplace, shadowing your mentor and carrying out the work while being supervised.
• Online studies, completing workbooks and job cards, attending online sessions and virtual classes with your Development Coach, all done during your working day.
• Attending block release to the Volvo Training Academy in Derby, DE21 7BH every 2 months. All costs of your hotel food and accommodation plus all travel arrangements are covered by WW Truck & Bus.
What are the benefits?
• Full-time employment from day one.
• Competitive salary.
• Holiday pay.
• Residential training with expert support and guidance.
• Internationally recognised accreditation.
• Fully paid for training course, including all qualification fees and accommodation.
• Team building and special events
What you’ll achieve.
On successfully completing the Volvo Apprentice Programme, you will gain national qualifications recognised throughout the automotive industry:
• Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician level 3 (ST0068\AP02)
In addition, Volvo holds an event where you and your family will be invited to a special graduation day to receive your certificates and possibly a special merit award at the end of your apprenticeship.
• No previous automotive qualifications are needed.
• You must have GCSE 9-4 (A* - C) or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths and we will support you to help develop your knowledge further.
• Predicated/MOCK grades are acceptable at application stage.
• Punctuality and good timekeeping.
• Workplace maturity and professionalism.
• Proactive attitude.
• Attention to detail and high standards of work.
You will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles such as HGVs, trucks and buses. Being a Heavy Vehicle technician requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina.
• A logical approach to problem-solving.
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills.
WW Truck & Bus (Volvo) provide all their apprentices with the skills needed to become fully qualified and competent individuals with a secure vocation. A Volvo trained apprentice will become a top class asset to their business for years to come. Volvo will do everything they can to help you achieve your goals.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications.