MAN Trucks Supply Chain Parts Advisor Apprenticeship
Company Name: MAN Truck & Bus - Exeter
Application Deadline Date: 10/12/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Exeter, EX2 9SL
Salary: £307.00 per week
Start Date: 25/12/2023
Working Week: 40 hours, 8am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday
This apprenticeship is the level 3 Supply Chain incl Parts standard programme with MAN Truck & Bus in Exeter, EX2 9SL. Working within the Parts department, you will gain a good understanding of keeping stock levels in check and how best to advise the technicians in the workshop.
As MAN’s training provider, Remit are recruiting for a Parts Advisor apprentice for their Alphington depot.
Are you friendly and approachable?
Can you provide great customer service?
Are you looking for fantastic career progression?
If so, this apprenticeship might be just for you!
The apprenticeship is an entry level position within MAN’s Parts Department. The advantage of this apprenticeship is the progression opportunities once you have achieved your qualification. You'll not only be trained in how to excel within the Parts Advisor job role, but also learn about the whole supply chain, from sourcing materials to manufacturing, through to the final product and aftersales services. You'll gain an understanding of the financial, operational and logistical side of the business.
What does the role of Parts Advisor involve?
Being the first point of contact both face to face and over the telephone and delivering excellent customer service.
• Checking incoming stock against delivery notes and store stock in the correct locations.
• Handling, storing and receiving stock, payments, procedures, identifying, sourcing and ordering parts.
• Support customers and workshop staff with parts identification and process.
• Process cash and card payments for customer parts
• Ensure quality is maintained throughout all stages to exceed customers’ expectations
Minimum entry requirements are a GCSE grade 3/D or equivalent Functional Skills Level 1 in English and Maths.
• Punctuality and good timekeeping
• Workplace maturity and professionalism
• Proactive attitude
• A logical approach to problem-solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
• Professional telephone manner (coaching available for those who are a bit shy)
As an apprentice, you will be a full time employee from the very beginning and while training you’ll be earning your place as an integral part of the MAN team.
Once you have achieved your qualification, you will have further opportunities to progress to positions such as Supervisor or Manager