Volvo Trucks Supply Chain Parts Advisor Apprenticeship
Company Name: Volvo Truck & Bus South & East - Ely
Application Deadline Date: 10/12/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Ely, CB6 3NX
Salary: £240.00 per week
Start Date: 25/12/2023
Working Week: 40 hours, 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
This apprenticeship is the level 3 Supply Chain incl Parts standard programme with Volvo Truck & Bus in Ely, CB6 3NX. Working within the Parts department, you will gain a good understanding of keeping stock levels in check and how best to advise the technicians in the workshop.
Are you looking for fantastic career progression?
If so, this apprenticeship might be just for you!
The apprenticeship is an entry level position within Volvo's Parts Department with great progression opportunities once you have achieved your qualification. You'll not only be trained in how to excel within the Parts Advisor job role, but also learn about the whole supply chain, gaining an understanding of the financial, operational and logistical side of the business.
What does the role of Parts Advisor involve?
Being the first point of contact both face to face and over the telephone and delivering excellent customer service.
• Checking incoming stock against delivery notes
• Handling, storing and receiving stock, payments, procedures, identifying, sourcing and ordering parts
• Support customers and workshop staff with parts identification and process
• Process cash and card payments for customer parts
Minimum entry requirements are a GCSE grade 3/D or equivalent Functional Skills Level 1 in English and Maths.
• Punctuality and good timekeeping
• Workplace maturity and professionalism
• Proactive attitude
• Can work to a high standard
• A logical approach to problem-solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
• Professional telephone manner (coaching available for those who are a bit shy)
As an apprentice, you will be a full-time employee from the very beginning and while training you’ll be earning your place as an integral part of the Volvo team.
Once you have achieved your qualification, you will have further opportunities to progress to positions such as Supervisor or Manager