Renault Trucks Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company Name: Sparks Commercials Services Ltd (Portsmouth) Ltd
Application Deadline Date: 15/12/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Portsmouth, PO3 5QG
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Start Date: 03/01/2024
Working Week: Monday to Friday 8 to 4.30 with 30mins unpaid lunch.
Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of Sparks Commercial Vehicles who are looking for a new Heavy vehicle apprentice to join their highly skilled Renault Trucks team in the Summer.
As part of the Renault Manufacturer apprenticeship programme, you will receive training in the workplace from highly skilled Renault Technicians and attend block release at the Remit Automotive Academy in Derby, over a period of 3 years and will achieve an IMI level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician qualification.
You will be taught how to repair, service and MOT cutting edge technology trucks, buses, luxury coaches and hybrids.
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
• Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team.
• Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace
• Learn the fundamental technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
• Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings.
• Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair.
• To represent Sparks Commercial Vehicles and Renault Trucks respectively in a professional and courteous manner always when dealing with customers and the general public
• Liaise with parts department to attain parts
A certain amount of administration is also required to maintain the vehicles repair and service records as well as Sparks Commercial Vehicles' records
• You don't need any previous automotive qualifications
• If you have achieved a level 2 or higher in heavy vehicle maintenance, you may not be eligible for the apprenticeship
• Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9* - 4 (A - C) in English and Maths
Applicants for this position must have a keen interest in the motor industry.
Due to modern vehicle technology, we require an individual with good numeracy, literacy, and ICT skills
At Sparks, they pride themselves on producing world class vehicles with excellent performance and impeccable reliability. They train their staff to the same high standards via our Technician Apprentice Programme – considered to be the best in the industry
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Travel: Please check you are able to travel to Sparks Commercials branch easily each day.