Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprenticeship
Company Name: Toomey Bodyshop
Application Deadline Date: 11/12/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Basildon, SS15 6TE
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Start Date: 08/01/2024
Working Week: Monday – Friday, 09:00am – 17:00pm
Remit are recruiting for Toomey's Basildon who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join a skilled team as a Vehicle Paint technician. If you are interested, apply now!
You will be trained to complete every aspect of painting a vehicle from paint preparation, through to painting and polishing.
• Preparing paint spraying equipment
• Preparing the bodywork of the vehicle.
• Mix paint by eye or using computer technology to ensure the best color match
• Applying several coats to the car, including primers, colors, and protective finishes.
• Solving paint application problems; defects, causes and cures
• Maintaining and cleaning equipment.
• Storing paints in the correct conditions.
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles, and mirrors
• No previous automotive qualifications are required
• Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9* - 3 (A - D) in English and Maths
You must have a strong passion for the industry and in your own personal development as BCA will help support you, with further training opportunities available
Please be aware the you would be using specialist equipment like spray guns along with various masks and breathing apparatus, it is important that Paint Sprayers always use personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safety procedures for using hazardous materials.
As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
At Toomey's they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications