Starbucks Barista Apprenticeship
Company Name: Starbucks - Alexandra Retail Park
Application Deadline Date: 01/12/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Oldham, OL4 1SA
Salary: £18,137.60 per year
Start Date: 04/12/2023
Working Week: 32 hrs per week; full flexibility required. Days and Shifts TBC
Do you have a passion for providing legendary customer service to all customers? If the answer is yes, we’ve got an exciting opportunity for you to join our team at Alexandra Retail Park.
The best part about this role is that no two days are ever the same! Working in one of our fast-paced stores, a typical day could include:
• Supporting with store procedures including, opening or closing the store, cash handling, safety & security
• Supporting your fellow partners to do their best work in bringing the Starbucks Experience to life on each shift
• Anticipating & delivering on your customer & store needs by getting to know your store environment & customers
• Delivering a personalised experience for each customer by making them your top priority
• Maintaining a clean & organised workspace for your customers & partners
• Providing quality beverages, whole bean & food products consistently for all customers in line with our recipe & presentation standards
In return, we’ll offer you a competitive starting salary of £10.90 per hour & benefits that include:
• 28 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays) + an additional day off for you to use on a special occasion for you each year
• Free bag of coffee each week and a 30% partner discount on food, beverages, and merchandise, plus free drinks and food when on shift
• Discounts with local & national retailers (mobile phones, gym memberships, entertainment tickets, hotels, etc.)
• Home Sweet Loan (Interest-free loans that can be paid back over 12 months to help pay your rental deposit)
• Bean stock options for all partners (own part of Starbucks!)
• Recognition schemes & monetary awards for long service, WOWing customers & your fellow Partners
So, if you like the thrill of working in a fast-paced environment & creating moments of joy for our customers, apply today!
- You don’t need previous qualifications to join our team as a barista
- Happy to have conversations with customers.
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm.
- Willing to learn.
- Working in a Starbucks store is different from any other job, you’re creating genuine moments of connection with our customers and making a difference in their day, through creating handcrafted delicious beverages and building relationships with our customers (getting to know their favourite drink), and with your fellow partners in store.
• Don’t need previous experience to join our team as a barista
• You have a passion for bringing joy to our customers.
Our apprenticeship programmes at Starbucks allow our partners to progress from level 2 to level 6 in our stores or even progress into a support centre position. We’ve had partners that within 5 years have completed a level 2 barista apprenticeship, then quickly move on to their level 3 shift supervisor apprenticeship to give them the mentoring and team development skills. They then also have the opportunity to complete their level 4 store manager apprenticeship and run their own store! Alongside this, all of our partners have the opportunity to progress their careers through either our retail operations or our support centre. Did you know, our retail director started as a part-time Barista and has progressed his career to now be the UK retail director? Wherever you’d like your career to take you, we’ll support you through our great training and development opportunities.
Can you get to the store? (check transport and parking)
Are you willing and able to commit to the duration of the apprenticeship (12 months + 2 months EPA)?
Do you want a career in hospitality?
Given the nature of our stores, our working hours could include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays. All the roles in our stores are customer-facing roles and our partners get involved in every aspect of the successful operation of the store – so this is a great opportunity for you to build relationships with our customers and learn new or develop existing skills.
You will be offered a competitive starting salary of £10.90 per hour.