Volvo Trucks Parts Advisor Supply Chain Apprenticeship
Company Name: Volvo Truck & Bus North & Scotland - Washington
Application Deadline Date: 03/12/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Washington, NE38 0AQ
Salary: £296.80 per week
Start Date: 01/01/2024
Working Week: 40 hours, 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
This apprenticeship is the level 3 Supply Chain incl Parts standard programme with Volvo Truck & Bus in Washington, NE38 0AQ. Working within the Parts department, you will gain a good understanding of keeping stock levels in check and how best to advise the technicians in the workshop.
As a Parts Advisor, you will be responsible for developing and sustaining superior parts performance, ensuring consistently high levels of customer service to increase customer satisfaction and ultimately the overall success of the Dealer point.
• Ensure customer and workshop orders are taken and supplied to the correct specification.
• Ensure that invoices/credits are properly and accurately raised for goods supplied or returned.
• Be pro-active in a selling role - upselling of additional parts and promoting a fitted price option where relevant.
• Adhere to the pre-set parts pricing structure.
• Ensure the accuracy of the stores inventory and annual stock counts.
• Checking the parts required for customers on the daily van route.
• Ensuring that all goods received are checked and binned accurately.
• Allocating and returning stock in a timely manner.
• Forklift duties (a license will be supplied if necessary).
• Maintain a good standard of housekeeping within the Parts department.
• Support and assist other team members.
This is a 2 year apprenticeship with fantastic career progression opportunities.
The wages start at £296.80 per week for the first 12 months and increasing to £407.20 for the next 12 months. Once qualified, the wages increase in line with the parts advisor role.
• Works well under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Willing to learn, develop & contribute quickly
• Methodical and structured
• Knowledge of Office 365, such as Word, Excel and Outlook is advantageous but training will be given.
• Teamwork, customer focus, time management and communication skills are essential.
Volvo Group are a company that invests considerably in staff development and training, and you can expect to receive comprehensive training not only during your apprenticeship, but once you have achieved your qualification too!
Volvo pride themselves on providing opportunities for career progression in all departments of its global business.