Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company Name: Millennium Jaguar
Application Deadline Date: 20/11/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Croydon, CR0 4RL
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Start Date: 04/12/2023
Working Week: Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm
Remit is recruiting on behalf of Millenium Jaguar for a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to start your career within the automotive industry. If you are interested, apply now!
Millennium was established in 1995 and has over 20 years of Experience in Servicing your Jaguar or Land Rover. They believe in Excellent Customer Service Skills. Their personal service starts from the moment a customer/client contacts them. They take pride in providing excellent services to every customer.
As an Apprentice, you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customers’ vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical, and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers' vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing, or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
*** Salary increment based on performance
Minimum requirements are a 3/D grade or equivalent in English Language and Maths.
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Mechanical interest
• Personal responsibility and resilience
• Problem solving
No skills are required as we will provide all the training needed for the role, just bring your enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
On successful completion of your Level 3 apprenticeship along with functional skills in Maths and English, you will be a fully qualified Light Vehicle Technician with the skills to continue your career in the industry.
Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive enough applications