Scania Aftersales Parts Advisor Apprenticeship
Company Name: Scania (GB) Ltd - Southampton
Application Deadline Date: 20/11/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Southampton, SO16 0YZ
Salary: £15,600.00 per year
Start Date: 04/12/2023
Working Week: 40 hours, 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday (Shifts may vary depending on business needs)
Scania have an opening for an apprentice Parts Advisor to join their highly skilled team at their Southampton (SO16 0YZ) branch. This position will enable you to learn the skills and knowledge required to become a qualified Parts Advisor.
Working for Scania is not just about the job.
Scania go the extra mile to provide an excellent employment package for every member of staff including: Career development opportunities, Incentive Schemes, discounts on major retailers plus many more!
As an apprentice Parts Advisor, you will play an integral part within a fast-paced working environment, working with Workshop colleagues and external customers.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Handling, storing, and receiving stock.
• Identifying, sourcing, and ordering parts - Checking incoming stock against delivery notes and storing stock in the correct locations.
• Being the first point of contact both face to face and over the telephone and delivering excellent customer service - Their customers expect a high level of service and parts expertise, and they don’t like to disappoint!
• Supporting customers and workshop staff with any queries.
• Processing cash and card payments for customer parts.
• Ensuring quality is maintained throughout all stages to exceeding customers’ expectations.
• Building positive relationships with customers.
To be eligible for a Parts apprenticeship with Scania, the minimum grade requirements are a GCSE Grade 4/C, or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
Predicted grades are accepted – but please note the apprenticeship offer is subject to final GCSE results.
• ABILITY TO BUILD RAPPORT AND POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS – Working with the customer to build professional relationships to maximise sales opportunities and meet the customer’s needs
• TRUSTWORTHY – Managing own workload, ensuring the customers are kept up to date
• FORWARD THINKER, USING OWN INITIATIVE UNDER PRESSURE – Be able to overcome any obstacles that present themselves under pressure whilst ensuring the customer’s needs are still met.
• Outstanding customer service skills with both internal and external customers
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to build and manage relationships both internally and externally
• Organisation skills – keeping the customer up to date on progress
• Be driven to maximise potential sales opportunities
Scania are a company that invests considerably in staff development and training, and you can expect to receive comprehensive training not only during your apprenticeship, but once you have achieved your qualification too!
Once you are Level 3 qualified, you can earn a salary of anywhere from £20-30,000 depending on your performance. If you perform incredibly well, Scania pride themselves on providing opportunities for career progression in all departments of their global business.
Apply now to give yourself best opportunity to join one of the world’s leading manufacturers…
Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications.