IVECO Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company Name: Guest Truck & Van (Thetford)
Application Deadline Date: 29/11/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Thetford, IP24 3QS
Salary: Between £5.78 and £10.92
Start Date: 04/12/2023
Working Week: 40 hrs. (8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday)
This apprenticeship is the level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician standard programme with Guest Truck and Van (Thetford). As an apprentice, you will learn how to maintain and repair large vehicles to the manufacturers and DSVA standards.
A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
• Servicing – carrying out checks
• Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
• Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
• Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team.
• Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace
• Learn the fundamental technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
• Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings.
• Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair.
No previous automotive qualifications are required however you must have GCSE 9-4 (A*- C) or functional skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
Predicted grades are acceptable, although apprenticeship offers will be dependent on final exam results.
You will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles such as trucks, buses, agricultural machinery and plant equipment. Being a Heavy Vehicle technician requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina
Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage
The company would aim to offer full-time employment to the successful candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship Scheme.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications