Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship Level 3
Company Name: Crawfords - Charing
Application Deadline Date: 24/11/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Charing, TN27 0AN
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Start Date: 24/11/2023
Working Week: 40 Hr (Mon to Fri 8:30 am to 5:00)
Remit are recruiting on behalf of Crawfords. who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join their skilled team as a Light Vehicle Technician? If you are interested, apply now!
As an Apprentice you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customer’s vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance
• Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
• Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
• Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work
• Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Minimum requirements are a 4/C grade or equivalent in English Language and Maths.
No experience is needed, we are looking for passion and eagerness to learn
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and who want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Mechanical interest
• Personal responsibility and resilience
• Problem solving
• Good levels of verbal and written communication
• Ability to work well within a team.
Crawfords believe in providing an extensive, high-quality Apprenticeship that gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfill their ambitions for a career in the motor industry.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications.