Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprentice
Company Name: Go Plant (Whitehaven)
Application Deadline Date: 24/11/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Washington, NE38 0AE
Salary: £420.00 per week
Start Date: 24/11/2023
Working Week: Mon-Fri
Go Plant are looking for a motivated individual to join them as a heavy vehicle mechanic apprentice. This is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic people to kick start their career within the automotive industry.
A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
• Servicing – carrying out checks
• Maintenance – replacing/repairing engine parts
• Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
• Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team.
• Learn and understand the importance of health and safety within the workplace
• Learn the fundamental technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
• Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings.
• Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair.
• No previous automotive qualifications are required
• If you have achieved a level 3 in a similar field, you may not be eligible for this apprenticeship
• Ideally a minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9 - 3 (A* - D) in English and Maths.
You will need to demonstrate a strong passion for the industry and a real curiosity in finding out how things work.
Being a Heavy Vehicle Technician involves manual labour and requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina.
It is important that technicians always use personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safety procedures.
Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage
City of York Council believe in providing an extensive, high quality apprenticeship which gives their apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfill their ambitions for a career in the motor industry.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Make sure you can travel to work easily on a daily basis.