Vehicle Paint Technician Apprenticeship
Company Name: Ross Gordon Commercials Bodyworks
Application Deadline Date: 24/11/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Bristol, BS11 0YB
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Start Date: 24/11/2023
Working Week: 40 Hrs (Mon-Friday 8am - 4.30pm)
This apprenticeship is the Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician standard program As an apprentice, you will learn how to spray, and repaint bodywork using specialist techniques with traditional tools and the latest equipment.
As Paint Technician, we know there’s no better feeling than seeing a customer's vehicle at the front of the workshop, waiting for them to collect it – it is what our business is built on.
• Preparing paint spraying equipment
• Preparing the bodywork of the vehicle.
• Mix paint by eye or using computer technology to ensure the best color match
• Applying several coats to the car, including primers, colors, and protective finishes.
• Solving paint application problems; defects, causes,s and cures
• Maintaining and cleaning equipment.
• Storing paints in the correct conditions.
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a Bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles, and mirrors
To be a successful Paint technician the is no previous automotive qualifications needed but the ideal candidate will have GCSE’s 9 to 4 (A-C) or equivalent in Maths and English
You will need to have a high level of attention to detail and working to a high standard as the first thing the customer will see when they pick their car up is the colour match and the quality of the paint finish.
Please be aware that you would be using specialist equipment like spray guns along with various masks and breathing apparatus, it is important that Paint technicians always use personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safety procedures for using hazardous material
If you’re looking for a motor industry apprenticeship that could lead not just to a job but a long-term career with opportunities for promotion and progression, then this could be for you!
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications