Scania Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship - SUMMER START
Company Name: Keltruck Scania - Cardiff
Application Deadline Date: 23/07/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Cardiff, CF11 8UT
Salary: £236.40 per week
Start Date: 03/07/2023
Working Week: 40 hours, 08:00 - 16:30, Monday to Friday (Shifts may vary)
This apprenticeship is the Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician standard programme with Keltruck Scania in Cardiff CF11 8UT. The right candidate will work alongside Scania’s qualified Technicians to receive extensive training in maintaining HGVs.
For more than 120 years Scania has been at the forefront of the automotive industry and today is one of the world’s most recognised and respected commercial vehicle brands, Keltruck Ltd is the largest independent Scania dealer in Europe with 18 depots across the Midlands and South Wales.
Working for Keltruck is not just about the job. Scania goes the extra mile to provide an excellent employment package for every member of staff. This can include financial incentive schemes, pension, Scania Rewards, an Employee Assistance Programme, as well as 25 days' holiday which will increase in line with your time at Keltruck.
As part of the Scania Apprenticeship Programme, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on Scania heavy vehicles in your workplace, this will include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical vehicle systems. You will also receive excellent training at Scania’s state-of-the-art training academy to further develop your new skills and knowledge to the next level.
Roles and Responsibilities – You Will:
• Work alongside a qualified Technician to learn how to carry out repairs according to Scania procedures in a safe and responsible manner
• Be trained on how to service, maintain and repair Scania vehicles which have the latest technology
• Learn the fundamentals of heavy vehicle technologies – heavy vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems, and testing
• Be taught how to setup accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
• Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, and all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
• Keep high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship, and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided
• Represent Keltruck in a professional and courteous manner when dealing with customers and the general public
• Communicate effectively with other departments in the business
• No previous automotive qualifications are required
• You will ideally have GCSE 9-4 (A* - C) or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths, we will support you to help develop your knowledge further if required
• Predicted GCSE grades are acceptable - please note the apprenticeship offer is subject to final GCSE results
• Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
• Ability to work within a team
• A keen interest and passion for heavy vehicle technology
• Practically minded
• Logical approach to problem-solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Scania invests considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout their global organisation.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive enough applications.
Recruitment Process: If you are among the shortlisted candidates, you will be invited to attend an online presentation & have a telephone interview to discuss the opportunity in greater detail. Following that, you will be required to complete online English and Maths assessments before your application is submitted to the employer.