Heavy vehicle maintenance technician
Company Name: Grays Transport
Application Deadline Date: 01/12/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Ripley, DE5 3NW
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Start Date: 11/12/2023
Working Week: Monday to Friday
This apprenticeship is the level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician standard programme with Grays Transport. As an apprentice, you will learn how to maintain and repair large vehicles to the manufacturers and DSVA standards.
As an apprentice for Heavy Vehicle Technician, you will learn to inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
You will learn how to carry out:
• Servicing – carrying out checks
• Maintenance – replacing/repairing engine parts
• Repairs / Diagnostics– repair or replace anything which is damaged or is faulty
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems, and testing
• You will be trained on how to: Service, Maintain and Repair trucks
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
• You will learn how to fill in job cards, work logs and service sheets
• You will learn to identify the different models/types of trucks and the associated characteristics of Heavy Vehicles, their configurations, and applications.
• You will always be working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor learning how to carry out, checks and repairs according to industry procedures in a safe and responsible manner
No previous automotive qualifications are required however you must have GCSE 9-4 (A*- C) or functional skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
Predicted grades are acceptable, although apprenticeship offers will be dependent on final exam results.
• Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
• Ability to work within a team
• A keen interest and passion for heavy vehicle technology
Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage.
The company would aim to offer full-time employment to the successful candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship Scheme.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications