Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprentice Level 3
Company Name: Newbridge Accident Repair Center - Basildon
Application Deadline Date: 29/11/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Basildon, SS13 1AX
Salary: Between £240.00 and £270.00
Start Date: 01/12/2023
Working Week: Mon to Friday with 30 min Lunch break
This apprenticeship is the Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprentice standard programme with Newbridge Accident Repair Center The right candidate will work alongside Newbridge's qualified Paint Technicians to receive extensive training.
As Paint Technicians, we know there’s no better feeling than seeing a customer's vehicle at the front of the workshop, waiting for them to collect it – it is what our business is built on.
• Preparing paint spraying equipment
• Preparing the bodywork of the vehicle.
• Mix paint by eye or using computer technology to ensure the best color match
• Applying several coats to the car, including primers, colors, and protective finishes.
• Solving paint application problems; defects, causes,s and cures
• Maintaining and cleaning equipment.
• Storing paints in the correct conditions.
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a Bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles, and mirrors
Wages- £6/hr, 40 hours per week for those under 18 and 45 hrs for 18 and above
No previous automotive qualifications needed but the ideal candidate will have GCSE’s 9 to 3 (A-D) or equivalent in Maths and English.
You must have a strong passion for the industry and in your own personal development as Frasers will help support you, with further training opportunities available to be a successful Paint Technician.
Please be aware that you would be using specialist equipment like spray guns along with various masks and breathing apparatus, it is important that Paint Technicians always use personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safety procedures for using hazardous materials.
Future career development opportunities
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications