Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Apprentice Level 3
Company Name: Newbridge Accident Repair Center - Basildon
Application Deadline Date: 29/11/2023
Positions Available: 1
Location: Basildon, SS13 1AX
Salary: Between £240.00 and £270.00 per week
Start Date: 01/12/2023
Working Week: Mon to Friday with 30 min Lunch break
Newbridge Accident Repair Center has a fantastic opportunity for you to start your career as an Apprentice Vehicle panel beater
As one of our Apprentice,you will undertake a range of tasks and a programme of study in line with the company apprenticeship scheme which will lead to a nationally recognised industry qualification.
Your training will be delivered via an approved apprenticeship provider and consist of on-the-job learning and face-to-face block release weeks at a state-of-the-art training centre. Alongside your training, you will have the advantage of working alongside within a team of people who will share their knowledge, experience and skills with you, whilst helping you to build an exciting career.
• Repairing vehicle damage to manufacturer specifications
• Applying body fillers to rectify panel deformation
• Removing and refitting vehicle body panels and trims
• Liaising with mentors and supervisors to carry out any tasks
• Working safely, while completing various workshop-based tasks
• Carrying our general housekeeping in the workshop
Wages- £6/hr, 40 hours per week for those under 18 and 45 hrs for 18 and above
If you have achieved a level 2 or higher in body repair you may not be eligible for the apprenticeship
Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9* - 4 (A-C) in English and Maths
Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage.
• An enthusiastic approach to your learning
• Genuine enthusiasm for the role
• Excellent communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• A polite and professional manner
• The ability to get to work independently
• A good level of Reading and Writing.
• Good timekeeping is a MUST
If you’re looking for a motor industry apprenticeship that could lead not just to a job but a long-term career with opportunities for promotion and progression, then this could be for you!
Panel beating involves manual labour and requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina. It is important that panel beaters always use personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safety procedures.