Apprentice Data Engineer
Company: Agile Applications Ltd
Location: Bristol, BS20 0DD
Salary: Between £30,000.00 and £50,000.00 per year
Application Deadline Date: 22/08/2022
Start Date: 25/08/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Remit Training is recruiting various lucrative opportunities with our client; Agile Applications the local government specialist division of the Agile Applications Group, and one of three highly experienced, software companies. Due to continuous growth within the organisation, they are seeking a Data Engineer Apprentice
For this Level 4 Program, you need to have some or all of the following;
BTEC or A-Level in Computer Science, Maths, Business, Finance or Accounting
A maximum of 1+ years of experience working with all forms of data, SQL
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills, able to interact and collaborate effectively, to support colleagues and to deal with customers.
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage tasks simultaneously.
• Good keyboard skills and demonstrated proficiency with word processing, databases and spreadsheet packages.
• Able to deliver to deadlines and under sudden pressure, maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
• Able to work independently, but with flexibility, and remain part of the team.
• Able to demonstrate well-developed coping strategies
Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, C#, SQL Server, IIS, ASP.NET (or other .NET web experience)
Commercial experience using C# and SqL
Experience using object data mapping
Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
High-level written and verbal communication skills
As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & Maths Functional Skills Level 2.
Our client aim to provide opportunities for further employment at the end of this training; subject to successful completion the course, objective and funding being available.
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000pa
Qualification: Level 4 Data Analyst
As an Apprentice with Agile; your main purpose is to work within a team of data-focused professionals to assist in delivering projects where high volumes of data and documents need to be, exported, and imported, cleansed and re-aligned for a SaaS environment. Assist with data architecture and improvements in day to- day management and extraction and import, to improve our delivery of services to our customers.
This is a role with flexibility to grow and develop. The experience and knowledge of the candidate will dictate the responsibilities. There is some flexibility with the knowledge, experience and skills of the individual selected. The key is the attitude to learning and developing.
This list of duties is to indicate the type of role and responsibilities the selected candidate will be expected to deliver, example responsibilities/skills include:
- Build data migration frameworks and scripts
- Merging data and databases when necessary
- A solid understanding of existing and emerging data technologies
- Manipulation of existing datasets to deliver to the customer requirements.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively translate sophisticated concepts into easily understandable language
- Restoring lost data where and when appropriate
- Building test versions and testing for bugs
- In-depth knowledge of the principles and practices of good systems design
- Work with BI reporting tools
Additional Things to Know:
Whilst you'll be working in the Bristol office UK. There might be some travel to Malaga, and Agile's Spain Offices as well as visiting customer sites in UK and Ireland.