Apprentice Helpdesk 1st Line Software Support Technician
Company: Agile Applications Ltd
Location: Bristol, BS20 0DD
Salary: Between £20,000.00 and £25,000.00 per year
Application Deadline Date: 26/08/2022
Start Date: 29/08/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Monday to Friday: Office based at least three days per week & travelling to client sites
Remit Training is recruiting various lucrative opportunities with our client; Agile Applications the local government specialist division of the Agile Applications Group, and one of three highly experienced, software companies. Due to continuous growth within the organisation, they are seeking a Helpdesk Support Technician Apprentice!
• Good standard of general education to GCSE level Grade C or 4 and above, or equivalent.
• Experience of Contender software and legacy products
• Ability to manage a helpdesk.
• Experience of dealing with customers in relation to software support
• Learn new products as they are developed so that they can be supported
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills, able to interact and collaborate effectively, to support colleagues and to deal with customers.
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage tasks simultaneously.
• Good keyboard skills and demonstrated proficiency with word processing, databases and spreadsheet packages.
• Able to deliver to deadlines and under sudden pressure, maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
• Able to work independently, but with flexibility, and remain part of the team.
• Able to demonstrate well developed coping strategies.
• Good knowledge of all products of the Contender Systems Ltd product set
• An understanding of how the product set is used within the customer environment
• Database experience.
• Experience in working with Word, Excel, and Office 365
As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & Maths Functional Skills Level 2.
Our client aim to provide opportunities for further employment at the end of this training; subject to successful completion the course, objective and funding being available.
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000pa
Qualification: Level 3 - ICT Support
As an Apprentice within Agile Applications, your main purpose will be to ensure the profitability of the company and to ensure that all work undertaken is delivered within or under budget improving Contender Systems Ltd margins. You'll also beensuring that the company always delivers in line with its SLA’s is a key aspect of this role.
Your role will include a variety of Helpdesk Duties, split between the following;
- 50% Support
- 20% Customer Relations
- 15% Projects and Installations
- 10% Product Development and Testing
- 5% Management and Performance
- To provide first-line support to the customer base using the helpdesk ticket system.
- To ensure that calls are responded to in line with SLA and that software bugs are identified and fixed where required.
- To provide product support, advice and training to the customer base, including on site.
- To manage customer upgrades and software installations to a delivery plan.
- To ensure that all projects are profitable and that profitable income generation is the motivator behind all work undertaken.
- To identify ways in which the product can be developed to better meet the needs of the customer.
- To undertake out-of-hours work as and when required.
- To maintain a level of flexibility in terms of workload and knowledge of hardware/software; which is crucial in any small business.
- Showing a willingness to assist in all areas of the business as and when required; is an important aspect of this role.
Additional Elements of the Role;
• Minimal physical effort required within work.
• Large amounts of work with computer, involving concentrating on VDU for prolonged periods of time and multiple wrist/hand movements.
• Occasional assistance with the setting up of rooms and furniture for meetings.
• Office based at least three days per week
• Work can involve working in isolation at times.
• Work can be interrupted inhibiting concentration.
• Will require travel to customer sites for meetings and training up to two days per week
• May be required to travel abroad from time to time
• Is required to be smart and presentable particularly when attending customer sites and meetings