IT Support Apprentice
Company: Personic Computers
Location: Bristol, BS3 2NQ
Salary: £13,500.00 per year
Application Deadline Date: 26/08/2022
Start Date: 29/08/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Monday to Friday; 9:00am - 5:30pm
Remit Group are recruiting on the behalf of our client; Personic Computers; a team who have over 30 years of experience in providing IT Sales, Services and Support.
Due to continued expansion, they're looking for an IT Support apprentice to join their team!
You need to have at least 5 GCSE's grade A*/C or 9/4 including English, Maths and ICT (desirable) or the equivalent.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team providing high quality, customer-focused services
• Able to complete tasks on time and within established parameters
• Ability to work in a professional, respectful manner with those who are content experts, but not technical experts
• Self-motivated with plenty of initiative
• Keen to learn and hardworking
• Ambitious to always do better
Having the following knowledge or experiences is beneficial but isn't overall necessary:
• Able to escalate IT Issues to the IT Manager where necessary
• Responsible for managing backups
• Experience or base knowledge of diagnosing and resolving technical issues
• Passion for providing desktop and server support
• Knowledge of Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
• Installing authorized software to laptops and desktops
• Able to ensuring security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops and kept up to date
• Experience or knowledge with Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
• Fault finding to laptops and desktops
• Confidence in reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & maths Functional Skills Level 2.
The company also aim to offer the apprentice a permanent role at the end of the training (subject to successfully completing course and objectives).
£6.50 per hour
Apprenticeship start date: As soon as possible
This is a fantastic opportunity for a computer and technically literate individual who'll have the chance to get involved in providing 1st Line Help-desk Technical Support to Personic Computers' external customers, assisting them with hardware and software problems; via the phone, email or onsite.
• Aim to provide technical support; answering support queries either via phone, emails or on-site
• Learn how to maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
• Develop on how to take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
• Log all calls in Autotask and maintain full documentation
• Learn how to respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems
• Aim to maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected
• Support other users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
• Learn how to allocate more complex service issues to the relevant IT Support members
• Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house