Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Motortune Shotts
Location: Shotts, ML7 5ES
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date: 31/08/2022
Start Date: 05/09/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon - Fri - 08:00 - 17:00
Remit are recruiting on behalf of Motortune Shotts who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join their skilled team as a Light Vehicle Technician.
A keen interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles
To be honest and trustworthy with a willingness to learn
A positive attitude and work ethic, with high level of professionalism
To be able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy workshop environment, as well as having the capability to follow instructions and work individually
The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with working on expensive vehicles.
As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions woul
As an apprentice, you will work alongside a team of experienced technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customer's vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical, and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers' vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing, or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations