ARRIVA Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Arriva (St Helens)
Location: St Helens, WA9 1AR
Salary: £244.00 per week
Application Deadline Date: 15/08/2022
Start Date: 29/08/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: 40 hours, 8am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Arriva wants to identify ambitious individuals, who demonstrate a willingness to learn and are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive/engineering field -no matter what stage you are at in your career.
As with any new career, some basic knowledge of the job or the subject matter is advantageous but not essential. Whilst having some basic understanding will set you off on a good grounding, the biggest asset you can bring to an apprenticeship is enthusiasm.
• Good attention to detail
• Punctuality and reliability
• A passion and interest for the automotive and engineering industry.
Arriva wants to continuously invest in their colleagues and on successful completion of the Apprenticeship, Arriva would intend on offering you a full-time position.
Your career development does not stop there. Arriva wants to continue your development and can offer opportunities for further qualifications or career progression.
This is a 3 -year program working towards an IMI Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician.
You will be fully supported every step of the way by your Development Coach from our dedicated training provider and complete on-the-job learning in the depot with an allocated mentor.
Apprentices play a really important role within our depots, and we will train you on everything you need to know.
Working within the depot alongside a great team of Electricians, Technicians and Engineering Managers, your responsibilities will include:
• Working alongside a highly skilled qualified technician
• Using diagnostic, mechanical, and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
• Understanding the fundamentals of existing and emerging mechanical and electrical design and systems.
• Carrying out routine safety inspections and routine mechanical and electrical servicing.
• Inspecting and preparing Arriva’s fleet of buses ready for mechanical work
• Removing, repairing, or replacing components to the correct specification
• Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment, by adhering to Arriva’s Health and Safety processes and following standard workshop practices.
• GCSEs at Grade C (or above) or Grade 4 (or above) in both English and Maths
• Ability to be passed fit for a pre-employment medical
If you have any questions or would like to request more information APPLY TODAY – We can’t wait to hear from you!