Heavy vehicle technician apprenticeship
Company: Arriva (Gillingham)
Location: Gillingham, ME7 4LN
Salary: £11,856.00 per year
Application Deadline Date: 30/08/2022
Start Date: 31/08/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Monday to Friday 8.30 - 5.30
Arriva wants to identify individuals that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn and are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive/engineering interest -no matter what stage you are at in your career.
What are the Entry Requirements?
• GCSEs at Grade C (or above) or Grade 4 (or above) in both English and Maths
• Ability to be passed fit for a pre-employment medical
Key personal qualities to demonstrate:
• Good attention to detail
• Punctuality and reliability
• A passion and interest for the automotive and engineering industry.
Do I need to know anything about Engineering?
As with any new career, some basic knowledge of the job or the subject matter is advantageous but not essential. Whilst having some basic understanding will set you off on a good grounding, the biggest asset you can bring to an apprenticeship is enthusiasm.
Your career development does not stop there. Arriva want to continue your development and can offer opportunities for further qualifications or career progression.
What does the program involve?
Engineers play a really important role within our depots, and we will train you on everything you need to know.
Working within the depot alongside a great team of Electricians, Technicians, and Engineering Managers, your responsibilities will include:
• Working alongside a highly skilled qualified technician
• Using diagnostic, mechanical, and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
• Understanding the fundamentals of existing and emerging mechanical and electrical design and systems.
• Carrying out routine safety inspections and routine mechanical and electrical servicing.
• Inspecting and preparing Arriva’s fleet of buses ready for mechanical work
• Removing, repairing, or replacing components to the correct specification
• Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment, by adhering to Arriva’s Health and Safety processes and following standardised workshop practices.