Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Engine Room Scotland
Location: Motherwell, ML1 1PR
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date: 31/08/2022
Start Date: 05/09/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon - Fri - 08:00 - 17:00
Remit are recruiting on behalf of Engine Room Scotland who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join their skilled team as a Light Vehicle Technician.
The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with working on expensive vehicles.
As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions woul
As an apprentice, you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customer's vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical, and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers' vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing, or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations