Light Vehicle Autocare Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Eden Tyres & Servicing (Leicester)
Location: Leicester, LE4 0BX
Application Deadline Date: 16/09/2022
Start Date: 26/09/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon - Fri 8:30am to 5:30pm
Are you wanting to start your career in the Automotive Industry? Are you hands-on and passionate about Vehicles? Eden Tyres & Servicing is looking for a Level 2 Light Vehicle Autocare Technician to join their expert team!
• No previous automotive qualifications are required
• You must have GCSE 9-3 (A* - D) or Functional Skills Level 1 in English and Maths and we will support you to help develop your knowledge further.
• Predicated grades are acceptable
• Punctuality and good timekeeping
• Workplace maturity and professionalism
• Proactive attitude
• Can work to a high standard
The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles.
As an autocare technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
Upon achievement of this Standard Level 2 Autocare Technician, you will have the opportunity to progress to Junior and Senior management roles.
This Level 2 apprenticeship will help you learn how to carry out vehicle safety inspections and routine maintenance, using vehicle-specific data to the necessary legal requirements. You will learn the fundamentals of specific vehicle systems including steering and suspension, braking systems, battery and charging systems, exhaust systems, and air-conditioning systems. This program focuses on developing communications skills to form effective working relationships with colleagues and building the confidence needed to make recommendations to customers based on the results of inspections that are accurate and fully costed, ethical, and in the best interests of the customer.
You will receive first-class training in all the latest servicing, maintenance, and diagnostic techniques.
Day to day tasks will vary but include:
• Servicing – carrying out vehicle/tire checks
• MOT’s – assisting to identify parts with wear and tear
• Maintenance – replacing/repairing engine parts
• Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
• Maintaining repair and service records
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications