Light Vehicle Apprentice Technician Level 3
Company: Cox Automotive
Location: Wyton, PE28 2DU
Salary: £15,000.00 per year
Application Deadline Date: 27/07/2022
Start Date: 01/08/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon-Fri
Remit are recruiting on behalf of Cox Automotive Vehicle Services has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join their skilled team as a Light Vehicle Technician. If you are interested, apply now!
Minimum requirements are a 3/D grade or equivalent in English Language and Maths.
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and who want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Mechanical interest
• Personal responsibility and resilience
..No skills are required as we will provide all the training needed for the role, just bring your enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
On successful completion of your Level 3 apprenticeship along with functional skills in Maths and English (where required), you will be a fully qualified Light Vehicle Technician with the skills to continue your career in the industry.
..As an Apprentice you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customers’ vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical, and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers' vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing, or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Technicians normally work 40 hours a week, typically from Monday to Friday. During busy periods it may be required to also work Saturdays with a day off in the week.