IT Support Technician Apprentice
Company: Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust
Location: Basildon, SS16 5NL
Salary: Between £8,114.00 and £17,050.00 per year
Application Deadline Date: 27/06/2022
Start Date: 03/07/2022
Positions Available: 3
Working Week: Monday to Friday - 9:00am to 5:00pm
If you are an enthusiastic individual with a natural interest in IT and have great communication skills then why not consider applying for an Apprenticeship as a Desktop Support Engineer at Mid and South Essex Hospitals.
Remit Training is helping to recruit our client, as they are recruiting for 3 IT Apprentices to join 3 teams across Essex!
5 GCSEs (Ideally A*-C) including Maths, English & Information Technology (or equivalent)
Open-minded and willing to learn
Committed and able to deal with challenging scenarios
Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritises workload
Enthusiastic, proactive and inquisitive approach
Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Applications.
Competent in the use of internet browsers
Keen attention to detail.
Impeccable timekeeping and ability to work under pressure
Organisation skills – the role will include multitasking to deadlines
Prior experience within a customer service environment
A keen interest in IT
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progress.
As an apprentice for the Mid & South Essex (MSE) Hospital Group you will be exposed to an exciting digital environment working with market-leading technologies. This environment will allow you to develop your skillset and provide ample opportunity to learn from experience.
Apprentices will be supported throughout the fixed term period with an inclusive training plan and associated accreditation to ensure upon completion the individual is equipped with sufficient knowledge, experience and qualifications to apply for a junior Desktop Support position subject to availability.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
• Advise management on user issues to ensure that appropriate solutions are in place to protect the Trust systems and data against misuse.
• To promote the role of the Information Technology Department within the Trust when dealing with other Trust Directorates and outside organisations.
• To provide customer support and advice on behalf of other members of the IT department.
• The individual must have a good understanding of customer service skills/experience when dealing with end users both in person and by means of electronic communication such as email or via the service management system.
• Provide meaningful updates to customers at key milestones of requests.
• Create partnerships and relationships with internal stakeholders to support the implementation of government initiatives and Trust projects.
Please note that any candidates shortlisted for these opportunities will be required to apply directly through a link that the NHS have provided us with.