Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Skills Group
Location: nottingham, NG6 8LY
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date: 31/07/2022
Start Date: 01/08/2022
Positions Available: 4
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Skills Group is looking for the next generation of apprentices to join their friendly engineering team at their purpose-built engineering facility.
• No previous automotive qualifications are required
• You must have GCSE 9-4 (A* - C) or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths and we will support you to help develop your knowledge further.
• Predicated grades are acceptable
• Punctuality and good timekeeping
• Workplace maturity and professionalism
• Proactive attitude
• Can work to a high standard
• A logical approach to problem-solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
• Professional telephone manner
As an apprentice, you will be a full-time employee from the very beginning, and while training you’ll be earning your place as an integral part of the team.
Once you have achieved your qualification, you will have further opportunities to progress to Maintenance Technician, Master Technician, or managerial roles like Shift Supervisor or Workshop Controller.
We are looking for full-time Apprentices to specialize in the field of heavy vehicle technician to join our hands-on program on-site with the main duties of working with an engineer to complete the below tasks:
• Carrying out vehicle inspections and MOT preparations to a high standard
• Routine servicing and maintenance repairs being able to diagnose and resolve an issue
• Fault finding and defect clearing using the latest diagnostics equipment
• Completion of all required paperwork to a high standard
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications