Scania Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Scania (GB) Ltd - Hull
Location: Hull, HU4 7DY
Salary: £13,520.00 per year
Application Deadline Date: 31/08/2022
Start Date: 31/08/2022
Positions Available: 2
Working Week: 40 hours, 8am - 4.30pm (Monday to Friday)
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Are you hands-on and mechanically minded? Do you want to join one of the world’s leading manufacturers? Scania are on the search for enthusiastic individuals to join their expert team as a Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprentice!
• No previous automotive qualifications are required
• You must have GCSE 9-4 (A* - C) or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths and we will support you to help develop your knowledge further
• Predicated GCSE grades are acceptable - please note the apprenticeship offer is subject to final GCSE results
• Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
• Ability to work within a team
• A keen interest and passion for heavy vehicle technology
• Practically minded
• Logical approach to problem-solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Scania invests considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout their global organisation.
For more than 120 years Scania has been at the forefront of the automotive industry and today is one of the world’s most recognised and respected commercial vehicle brands.
Working for Scania GB is not just about the job. Scania goes the extra mile to provide an excellent employment package for every member of staff. This can include financial incentive schemes, pension, Scania Rewards, an Employee Assistance Programme, as well as 25 days' holiday which will increase in line with your time at Scania.
As part of the Scania Apprenticeship Programme, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on Scania heavy vehicles in your workplace, this will include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical vehicle systems. You will also receive excellent training at Scania’s state-of-the-art training academy to further develop your new skills and knowledge to the next level.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Learning the fundamentals of heavy vehicle technologies – heavy vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems, and testing
• You will be trained on how to service, maintain and repair Scania vehicles which have the latest Scania Super power train technology
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
• Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, and all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
• Work alongside a qualified technician/mentor to learn how to carry out repairs according to Scania procedures in a safe and responsible manner
• To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship, and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided
• To represent Scania GB in a professional and courteous manner when dealing with customers and the general public
• Liaise with the Parts department to attain parts
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive enough applications.
Recruitment Process: If you are among the shortlisted candidates, you will be invited to attend an online presentation to discuss the opportunity in greater detail. Following that, you will be required to complete online English and Maths assessments before your application is submitted to the employer.