Company: ArcelorMittal Distribution Solutions UK Ltd - Birkenhead
Location: Birkenhead, CH41 3HZ
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Sector: Business Services
Application Deadline Date: 29/07/2022
Start Date: 06/06/2022
Positions Available: 2
Working Week: 40 hours per week. Core working hours are 7.00 am to 3.00 pm Monday to Friday (with a 40 min break)
Remit is recruiting on behalf of ArcelorMittal, one of the world's largest producers and distributors of steel, for someone to join their warehouse team as an apprentice in Birkenhead CH41 3HZ. This is a fabulous opportunity to work with a market-leading business and comes with plenty of opportunities for career development.
Mathematics GCSE Grade C or Grade 4 - Mandatory
English GCSE Grade C or Grade 4 – Mandatory
Able to demonstrate a clear interest in working in the manufacturing sector.
Willing to learn
• Ability to work within a team and be flexible in approach.
• Ability to work on own and use own initiative.
• Problem solving.
• Good communication skills.
Progression on to a Team Leader Level 3 qualification on completion with career opportunities up to Production Supervisor in the long term
Pay: Year 1 – NMW, Year 2 – NMW plus 15%
You will need to be over 18 to apply for this role due to health and safety restrictions.
Your duties will include:
• Enforce and follow all health and safety regulations, including AMDS Health & Safety policies and procedures.
• Wear correct PPE at all times.
• Report any safety issues or breaches of rules.
• Safe use of all production equipment/pre-use check sheets and LOTO.
• Ensure all orders are produced, prepared and delivered suitable for customers’ requirements.
• To ensure best production and quality awareness - identifying abnormalities and small defects, analyse and understand their root causes, suggest and implement counter measures and recording quality checks.
• To suggest improvement ideas for the standardising working procedures to contribute to their application.
• Ensure the operational equipment within your control is run to optimum efficiency, ensuring any issues are reported to the Shift Supervisor
• To improve and maintain the organisation and cleanliness of the workplace.
• Playing a full role within the team to facilitate optimal performance.
• Any other duties as required by the business.
Salary - NMW
Can you be available for a 7am start?
Have you considered the transport / commute time and costs for this role?
Are you willing to commit to the length of the apprenticeship (13 months)?