Rivus Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Rivus Fleet Services - Sowton
Location: Sowton, EX1 3QD
Salary: £19,000.00 per year
Application Deadline Date: 24/06/2022
Start Date: 01/07/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: 40 Hour shifts within Mon - Fri 6am-6pm (all sites open these times, some have longer hours)
Remit is delighted to be recruiting on behalf of Pullman Fleet Solutions - Sowton. We at Remit are looking for passionate people ready to kickstart their career in automotive to join our Apprenticeship Programme.
• If you have started or achieved a level 3 in Light Vehicle maintenance or a similar field, you may not be eligible for the apprenticeship
• Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9* - 4 (A - C) in English and Maths
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
A keen interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry.
Honest and trustworthy with a willingness to adapt and learn
Strong communication and teamwork skills.
Ability to follow instructions and work individually where required.
By the end of your 3-year training you will be to:
Undertake maintenance , service and repair activities on light vehicles to the highest standards as a qualified Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician
At Rivus, we look after more than 85, 000 vehicles for customers in utilities, security, environmental and essential services, keeping Britain moving with our award-winning end-to-end fleet management solutions.
As an Apprentice, you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customers’ vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Heavy Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems, and testing
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
• Using diagnostic, mechanical, and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
• Inspecting and preparing customer's vehicles ready for mechanical work
• Removing, repairing, or replacing components to the correct specification
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations.
If you want to go home from work every day knowing that you have played an important role in keeping some of the nation's most essential fleets on the road, then this is the Apprenticeship Programme for you.
Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications.