IVECO Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Guest Truck & Van (Cambridge)
Location: Cambridge, CB25 9PG
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date: 27/06/2022
Start Date: 04/07/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: 40 hrs. 8:00am to 4: 30 pm Monday to Friday
Remit are recruiting on behalf of Guest Truck & Van who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join their skilled team as a Heavy Vehicle Technician. If you are interested, apply now!
Due to the location of the position, it is essential that you have a full UK driving licence or you live within an easy commutable distance to the location of the depot.
Ideally, a minimum of GCSE Grade 3 or equivalent in English Language or Maths.
• Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
• Ability to work within a team
• A keen interest and passion for heavy vehicle technology
Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage.
the company would aim to offer full-time employment to the successful candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship Scheme.
There is a lot involved in keeping HGVs on the road, so you will gain a full understanding of the importance of 6-week checks, Operators (O) licence’s and legal obligations and as a Technician apprentice, you will receive training to the manufacturer and DVSAs standard
The Heavy Vehicle Technician’s job falls into three main categories:
• Servicing – regular preventive checks
• Maintenance – replacing any parts showing signs of wear and tear
• Repairs – repair or replacing anything damaged or faulty
As an apprentice for Heavy Vehicle Technician, you will learn to inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
You will learn how to carry out:
• Servicing – carrying out checks
• Maintenance – replacing/repairing engine parts
• Repairs / Diagnostics– repair or replace anything which is damaged or is faulty
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems, and testing
• You will be trained on how to: Service, Maintain and Repair trucks
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
• You will learn how to fill in job cards, work logs and service sheets
• You will learn to identify the different models/types of trucks and the associated characteristics of Heavy Vehicles, their configurations, and applications.
• You will always be working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor learning how to carry out, checks and repairs according to industry procedures in a safe and responsible manne
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications