Mechanical, Electrical & Trim (MET) Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Redhill Vehicle Body Repairs Ltd
Location: Redhill, RH1 2NB
Salary: £200.00 per week
Application Deadline Date: 20/05/2022
Start Date: 30/05/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon-Fri 8.00-17.00 1 hour lunch
Are you wanting to start your career in the Automotive Industry? Are you hands-on and passionate about Vehicles? Redhill Vehicle Body Repairs Ltd is looking for a Mechanical, Electrical & Trim Technician to join their expert team!
No previous automotive qualifications are required, and we will support and help develop your English, Maths and ICT.
Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage
The job involves numerous activities, you will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles. As a MET Technician, you will often be working alongside panel beaters and paint sprayers, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
If you’re looking for a motor industry apprenticeship which could lead not just to a job but a long-term career with opportunities for promotion and progression, then this could be for you!
The role of a Mechanical, Electrical & Trim (MET for short) Technician is to identify mechanical and electrical components on damaged motor vehicles which need to be removed before the bodywork repairs can be carried out and to refit them after the repairs are complete.
As an apprentice, you will gain expert working knowledge in relation to the removal, repair and replacement of engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems. This includes:
• Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
• Remove and refit non-structural body panels and mechanical and electrical systems
• Remove and refit any part relating to the vehicle, to the correct alignment.
• Remove, repair and replace: engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems
• Diagnose and fix faults within a vehicle management system (on board computer) & associated electrical system
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications.
MET involves manual labor and requires a reasonable level of physical stamina.