Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Western Commercial Edinburgh
Location: Broxburn, EH52 5NP
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date: 31/05/2022
Start Date: 12/06/2022
Positions Available: 3
Working Week: Mon - Fri - 08:00 - 17:00
Remit are recruiting for Western Commercial who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join a skilled team as a Heavy Vehicle Technician.
Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage. As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
• Servicing – carrying out checks
• Maintenance – replacing/repairing engine parts
• Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
• Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team.
• Learn and understand the importance of health and safety within the workplace
• Learn the fundamental technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
• Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings.
• Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair.