Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Apprentice Level 3
Company: Fix Auto Braintree/Chelmsford
Location: Braintree, CM73JW
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date: 24/06/2022
Start Date: 05/09/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon-Fri - 8.00pm – 5.00pm (one in three Saturdays (19+ only))
Are you wanting to start your career in the Automotive Industry? Are you hands-on and passionate about Vehicles? Auto Braintree/Chelmsford is looking for a Vehicle Panel Apprentice to join their expert team!
• No previous automotive qualifications are required
• Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9* - 4 (A - C) in English and Maths
Attained or working towards – The full UK driving license at the permissible age
.The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles.
As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
On successful completion of your Level 3 apprenticeship along with functional skills in Maths and English (where required), you will be a fully qualified Vehicle Damage Panel Technician with the skills to continue your career in the industry.
• Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
• Based on the initial assessment, deciding whether to repair or replace bodywork
• Removing damaged panels
• Refitting new/repaired panels
• Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques
• Repairing small dents, holes, or corroded areas using a compound filler
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a Bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles, and mirrors
It's a 40-hour working week with an additional 1-hour lunch and one in three Saturdays (for 19+ only)
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications