Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprentice
Company: Fix Auto Braintree/Chelmsford
Location: Braintree, CM73JW
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date: 24/06/2022
Start Date: 04/09/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon-Fri - 8.00pm – 5.00pm (one in three Saturdays (19+ only))
Are you wanting to start your career in the Automotive Industry? Are you hands-on and passionate about Vehicles? Fix Auto Braintree/Chelmsford is looking for a Vehicle Paint Apprentice to join their expert team!
• No previous automotive qualifications are required
• Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9* - 4 (A - C) in English and Maths
Attained or working towards – The full UK driving license at the permissible age
.The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles.
As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
On successful completion of your Level 3 apprenticeship along with functional skills in Maths and English (where required), you will be a fully qualified Vehicle Damage Paint Technician with the skills to continue your career in the industry.
.You will be trained to complete every aspect of painting a vehicle from paint preparation, through to painting and polishing.
• Preparing paint spraying equipment
• Preparing the bodywork of the vehicle.
• Mix paint by eye or using computer technology to ensure the best color match
• Applying several coats to the car, including primers, colors, and protective finishes.
• Solving paint application problems; defects, causes,s and cures
• Maintaining and cleaning equipment.
• Storing paints in the correct conditions.
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a Bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles, and mirrors
It's 40-hour working week with an additional 1-hour lunch and one in three Saturdays (for 19+ only)
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications