Scania Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Keltruck Scania - Tamworth VMU
Location: Tamworth, B77 5DQ
Salary: £236.40 per week
Application Deadline Date: 24/06/2022
Start Date: 25/07/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: 40 hours, 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Fridays (Shifts may vary)
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Keltruck Scania in Wilnecote, Tamworth, B77 5DQ are on the search for enthusiastic individuals to join their expert team as Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprentice!
Minimum entry requirements are a GCSE grade 4/C or equivalent Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
Predicted grades will be considered, but please be aware that the apprenticeship offer is subject to your exams results.
• You will need to have a high level of attention to detail
• A clear positive attitude to work and the determination to succeed
• Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
• Ability to work within a team
• Detail orientated
• A keen interest and passion for heavy vehicle technology
• Practically minded
• Logical approach to problem-solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well within a team
At Keltruck, they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout their Global organisation.
Following the completion of your Scania Apprenticeship Programme, you will have the opportunity to advance your knowledge and skills by taking Scania’s Master Technician product training courses.
Are you hands-on and mechanically minded? Do you want to join one of the World’s leading manufacturers? Working for Keltruck is not just a job, it's a career!
Keltruck goes the extra mile to provide an excellent employment package for every employee. This can include; Incentive Schemes, Pension, Scania Rewards, and an Employee Assistance Programme including receiving a state of the art toolbox at the start of your Apprenticeship worth over £2000.
As part of the Scania Apprenticeship Programme, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on Scania heavy vehicles in your workplace, this will include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical vehicle systems. You will also receive excellent training at Scania’s state-of-the-art training academy to further develop your new skills and knowledge to the next level.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Learning the fundamentals of heavy vehicle technologies – heavy vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems and testing
• You will be trained on how to: service, maintain and repair Scania trucks
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
• Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
• Working alongside a qualified technician/mentor learning how to carry out repairs according to Scania procedures in a safe and responsible manner
• To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish
• To sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided
• To represent Scania GB in a professional and courteous manner always when dealing with customers and the general public
• Liaise with parts department to attain parts
The starting wage is £5.91 per hour for the first 12 months and is reviewed every year of the apprenticeship.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Recruitment Process: If you are among the shortlisted candidates, you will be invited to attend an online presentation to discuss the opportunity in greater detail. Following that, you will be required to complete online English and Maths assessments before your application is submitted to the employer