Scania Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company: TruckEast Scania - Peterborough
Location: Peterborough, PE1 5PS
Salary: Between £10,040.00 and £14,560.00 per year
Application Deadline Date: 31/07/2022
Start Date: 05/09/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: 40 hours, 8am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (Shifts may vary depending on business needs)
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you want to join one of the world’s leading manufacturers? TruckEast are on the search for enthusiastic individuals to join their expert team as Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprentice!
• Minimum requirements are a GCSE grade 4 or C grade or Functional Skills level 2 in English and Maths.
• Predicted grades are accepted - please note the apprenticeship offer is subject to final GCSE results
• You will need to have a high level of attention to detail with a clear positive attitude to work and the determination to succeed.
• Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
• Ability to work within a team
• Detail orientated
• A keen interest and passion for Heavy Vehicle technology
• Practically minded
• Logical approach to problem-solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well within a team
At TruckEast, they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression.
With over 50% of TruckEast’s current management team beginning their career as an apprentice, TruckEast apprenticeship programme is great place to start your career.
Working for TruckEast is not just about the job.
TruckEast goes the extra mile to provide an excelled employment package for every member of staff. This can include; Incentive Schemes, Pension, Scania Rewards and an Employee Assistance Programme including receiving a state of the art toolbox at the start of your Apprenticeship worth over £2000.
As part of the Scania Apprenticeship Programme, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on Scania heavy vehicles in your workplace, this will include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical vehicle systems. You will also receive excellent training at Scania’s state-of-the-art training centre to further develop your new skills and knowledge to the next level.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems and testing.
• You will be trained on how to: Service, Maintain and Repair Scania trucks which have the latest New G-Series and XT Range cutting-edge technology.
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
• Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
• To represent the Scania GB in a professional and courteous manner always when dealing with customers and the general public
• Liaise with parts department to attain parts
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Recruitment Process: If you are among the shortlisted candidates, you will be invited to attend an online presentation to discuss the opportunity in greater detail. Following that, you will be required to complete online English and Maths assessments before your application is submitted to the employer