Vehicle Parts Advisor Apprenticeship
Company: David Philp Commercials Ltd
Location: Kirknewton, EH27 8DF
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date: 02/06/2022
Start Date: 19/06/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon - Fri - 08:00 - 17:00
To assist and gain knowledge in all areas of parts operations with David Philp Commercials. Training in but not limited to, goods In, parts storage, parts identification, parts ordering via manufacturers systems, parts issuing, stock check procedures, and reporting.
Excellent telephone manner
Team player, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels
Good communication, active listening, and interpersonal skills
Good I.T. skills
Working within the Parts Department, you will be the first point of contact for our customers over the telephone and in branch so it’s vital they have a welcoming experience. Our customers expect a high level of service and parts expertise, and we don’t like to disappoint.
Working as part of a team, the Parts Advisor role will be both demanding and rewarding. You will be an essential contact with the workshop team and external customers. You will need to build rapport with peers and customers, to provide an excellent service. You will ensure that the Workshop Teams and customers’ needs and requirements for parts are met through the effective use of parts catalogues and computer stock lists.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Being the first point of contact both face to face and over the telephone and delivering excellent customer service.
• Checking incoming stock against delivery notes and store stock in correct locations.
• Handling, storing, and receiving stock, payments, procedures, identifying, sourcing and ordering parts.
• Support customers and workshop staff with parts identification and process.
• Process cash and card payments for customer parts
• Ensure quality is maintained throughout all stages to exceed customers’ expectations
• Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to build positive relationships with the customer and to interpret customer needs