Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Carmasters Scotland Ltd
Location: Glasgow, G69 7HJ
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date: 02/06/2022
Start Date: 19/06/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon - Fri - 08:00 - 17:00
Remit are recruiting on behalf of Carmasters Scotland Ltd who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join their skilled team as a Light Vehicle Technician. If you are interested, apply now!
The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with working on expensive vehicles.
As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
As an Apprentice you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customers vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations