Light Vehicle Autocare Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Formula One Autocentres (Harlow)
Location: Harlow, CM20 2DH
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date: 24/06/2022
Start Date: 04/07/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon - Fri 9-6 with one day off. Saturday 9 -5
Are you hands-on and mechanical minded? Are you wanting to start your career in the Automotive industry? Remit are currently recruiting on behalf of Formula One Autocentre looking for an Light Vehicle Autocare Apprentice to join their talented team!
• If you have achieved a level 2 or higher in a similar automotive qualification, you may not be eligible
• Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9* - 4 (A - C) in English and Maths
Attained or working towards – Full UK driving licence at the permissible age
The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles.
As an autocare technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
At Formula One Autocentre they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression.
As an Autocare Apprentice, you will carry out a range of services and repairs to cars and light goods vehicles. Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will gain an excellent knowledge of technical, retail and customer service skills.
What will you be doing?
You will work alongside a qualified technician/mentor to learning the following skills and knowledge:
• Inspection, removal and repair of tyres, exhausts, shock absorbers, brakes, filters and batteries.
• Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles.
• Carrying out vehicle safety inspections and routine maintenance on the vehicles
• Delivering a high level of customer service to all your colleagues and customers
• Identifying vehicle problems with diagnostic equipment
• Ensuring high levels of Health and Safety are always met within the workshop.
Wage details: 16-18 year olds £4.81, 18-20 £6.83, 21-22 £9.18 and 23+ £9.50
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Travel: Please check you are able to travel to the Formula One Autocentre branch easily each day.